Matt Schneider – How This Dad Is Helping Fathers Connect At City Dads Group
#59: Matt Schneider - How This Dad Is Helping Fathers Connect At City Dads Group
"We created City Dads to be a resource and community for Dads...just like Moms have."
-Matt Schneider, talks about why he created City Dads group
in 10 seconds
In today's conversation, you'll learn 3 key things:
Matt: The biggest tip I always have is to make sure you’re really active and engaged as early as possible.
Even during the nursing process, you can help your partner out.
Get in the mix, and don’t let anyone push you out, including moms.
Clip: How isolation can be a challenge for Dads
Watch Time: 2 minutes
Matt: Moms seem to be very good at creating community for themselves.
I think we as Dads, don’t take care of our friendships. We lose touch and don’t take the time to make new friendships.
It’s hard, especially for Dads working full time, 50 hours per week.
The key is making sure you and your partner are caring for your family, caring for your relationship, and caring for yourself.
You have to trust your partner to take care of your kids.
Rapid Fire Questions with Matt Schneider:
– What was your first car? 1985 Chevy Mini-Blazer
– Favorite drama movie of all time? The Thomas Crown Affair
– Favorite comedy movie of all time? Back to School
– Favorite meal to eat for dinner? Homemade Mac and Cheese
– Favorite live sport event you ever attended? Avalanche Stanley Camp
– Worst live sporting event? Broncos vs Seahawks Super Bowl
Thank you Matt, for joining us to talk Dad Life, giving us actionable Dad Tips, and showing us how we can connect at City Dads Group.